Friday, May 8, 2009

Dear ghost of brendan's past...

Please read the link posted before reading this post...
http://theoldshug.blogspot.com/2009/01/beginning-of-beginning-of-end-of.html
 
To my past-self: This is your Future-Self talking. Congratulations on not dieing in the 109 days from when you/I posted that. Not much has happened in the last 3 and a half months. The new semester is pretty good. I got my drivers license, and got a few haircuts and have learned a lot about myself. Here are some tips from the future that may help you out: 
  • Don't eat the chip-dip in the fridge. It has expired.
  • Don't slack off in Math and Bio class. This is very important.
  • Try and get tickets to the April Neil Young concert. (you will regret not going)
  • Don't kiss any pigs from Mexico.
  • Two of your favourite T.V shows are now off the air so enjoy them while they last.
  • Sign Up for Twitter now so you can say to everyone "I had Twitter before it was cool to have Twitter"
  • If you are going to make sports bets than bet on the Pittsburgh Steelers to win the super bowl.
Yeah, the last 3 months have been pretty darn good. I can't complain. It's funny how so little can change in a long period of time and then in an instant your world can be turned upside-down. This may have been a weird post and hard to follow. But it has given me a chance to reflect on my own life.

Song recommendation: "The Past" - Matt Mays

"May the dreams of your past be the reality of your future"

-Brendan


No comments: