Sunday, July 5, 2009

When my train comes in


Hello all, it's been a while. Last week I got my wisdom teeth out, which put me on the sidelines for about a week. I'm just now starting to enjoy solid foods again. Summer is finally here, and what better way to kick it off than with a night of Joel Plaskett and fireworks. Alderney Landing filled up with 'lazy bones' and 'fashionable people' to celebrate Canada's birthday. It was a great show through and through... and through. In six days Joel will be opening for one of the most influential musicians in the world, Paul McCartney! *Que audience applause* That will be a great show, unfortunately, I will not be there because I don't have the money. *Que audience disappointing Aaah*
On another note, Wilco just released their latest album entitled "Wilco (the album)". This album covers all of the wide genres of past Wilco albums. Jeff Tweedy and the band seem more relaxed and comfortable with the sound. With collaborations with Canada's own Leslie Feist on "You and I", and the Dylan inspired "Country Disappeared" to the experimental sonic fusion on "Bull Black Nova". My rating: I give this album a thumbs up and two smiley face stickers.


Have lazy day
- Brendan


No comments: