Friday, October 9, 2009

Two Coasts for Comfort



Two Coasts for Comfort by Jon Bryant is set to be released on October 28th 2009. The clever name comes from the "Two Coasts" where Jon wrote his songs, (Europe, and here in Nova Scotia). Jon's music is melodically soulful and rich in comfort and deep thought. His Folk roots are entwined with a hint of alternative-rock with inspirations from Dallas Green to Radiohead. A while back I got a call from him, asking me if I wanted to "make sweet music". I packed up my drums and met him at The Open Gate along with fellow musicians Michael Sheldon and Jerry Albert. Since then we have jammed from time to time and I have accompanied him in playing at Fall River chapel. It is amazing how much musical talent comes out of my home town. I feel blessed to be a part of the scene and hopefully one day have my own record to release.
If you want to learn more about the album and Jon, here is an excellent video made by Luke Adamski http://vimeo.com/6977850

Do what you love
-Brendan

No comments: